Continue on Main St. to the jct. of Rte. 313 and 115. To visit the Historic District of Seymour take a right on Rte. 313 west (Broad St.) cross the Naugatuck River, look to the right to see the dramatic falls that powered industry in Humphreysville. At the light, passing Broad Street Park on the right and the 1916 Congregational Church on the left, continue straight across onto West St.. Along the way pass the Trinity Cemetery that has burials dating to the 1700's.
The Seymour Historical Society is located at the top of the hill, on the left, in the former home of Katharine Matthies. The Society has changing monthly exhibits of local memorabilia and displays of local artifacts relating to town history. Just beyond, at the 4 corners or doctors corners are four lovely colonial homes, some pre-dating the Revolutionary War, that were the residences of doctors for 100 years. To the right is the Trinity Episcopal Church built in 1797. Retrace your steps back to the jct. of Rte. 313 and Rte. 115 and continue on Rte. 115 south to Ansonia.